Intimate Folkbal - 2nd October 2021
Emmarilin is Emma Coopman's solo project in which vocals, Celtic harp and diatonic accordion meet in folk music and ballads. The repertoire invites you to listen intimately and/or dance balfolk. She writes the music herself and for her first song series, she drew on ancient and image-rich Irish poetry.
A mix of swinging and intimate balfolk.
- Can I come alone?
- Yes, please feel welcome to do so.
- I have never danced (folk) before, what now?
- Coming dancing for the first time can be a bit outside of your confort zone but be assured, no one will judge you on your dancing skills.
There will be an introduction class of 1 hour at 19:00, there we'll explain some common dances (hanter-dro, andro, scottisch, jig, bourré 2 times).
Folk dancing is quite easy to dance and don't hesitate to ask some explanation more experienced dancers will be more than happy to show you some steps.
You don't have to dance all night, enjoying the music and watching others dancing can also be delightful.
- Do I need a Covid-safe pass?
- No, officially, we don't need to ask you to present a Covid-safe pass for inside events under 500 people, see the official website of Leuven
, as organisers we'll do our best to have fresh air flowing and hand gel will be available.
- Do I need to wear a mask?
- Wearing a mask is not mandatory but you can choose to do so.
- Can I change dancing partner?
- Yes! and it is perfectly fine if you both choose to dance together all night.