Folk day - 31st October 2021
Born from the meeting between Jonathan Bruyninx (guitar), Adeline Ghilain (transverse flute) and Marielle Vancamp (violin, nyckelharpa), Eä is a young Belgian trad group offering a repertoire of compositions, to which are added songs and songs to dance traditional rearranged for the occasion.https://eafolk.com/
This workshop is open to all, it will be given by Carl and accompanied musically by Laurie on the piano.
We will see the basics of the 3-beat waltz, starting with the rhythm then how to turn well together and some simple and fun to do.
After which we'll look at the 5, 8 and 11 beat irregular waltzes.
- Can I come alone?
- Yes, please feel welcome to do so.
- I have never danced (folk) before, what now?
- Coming dancing for the first time can be a bit outside of your confort zone but be assured, no one will judge you on your dancing skills.
There will be an introduction class of 1 hour at 19:00, there we'll explain some common dances (hanter-dro, andro, scottisch, jig, bourré 2 times).
Folk dancing is quite easy to dance and don't hesitate to ask some explanation more experienced dancers will be more than happy to show you some steps.
You don't have to dance all night, enjoying the music and watching others dancing can also be delightful.
- Do I need a Covid-safe pass?
- No, officially, we don't need to ask you to present a Covid-safe pass for inside events under 500 people, see the official website of Leuven
, as organisers we'll do our best to have fresh air flowing and hand gel will be available.
- Do I need to wear a mask?
- Wearing a mask is not mandatory but you can choose to do so.
- But I mean an halloween mask, remember 2019?
- Well if you'd like to do so please go ahead. I'm (Carl) organizing this event on my own and haven't invested time in decoration. Message me if you'd like to bring some.
- Can I change dancing partner?
- Yes! and it is perfectly fine if you both choose to dance together all night.